Caramenico Funeral Home, Inc. is a family business that was established in 1945 by Anthony P. Caramenico, Sr. At first the funeral home was located in a store front along E. Main Street. At that time, it was customary for funeral services to be held in private homes.
A few years later, Anthony Sr. was joined by brother, Nicholas Caramenico, Jr. The flourishing of the business allowed the two brothers the opportunity to move to the current location in 1951. The building has changed dramatically since then, with major renovations occurring in 1962 and an expansion in 1983. Nicholas Jr. was unable to witness the changes which occurred in the family business or the profession. He died suddenly in 1958. Anthony Sr. continued the business on his own until his retirement in 1979. He died in 1986.
Today the family tradition continues. Caramenico Funeral Home, Inc. is now operated by David N. and Anthony Jr., sons of the late Anthony Sr..